Fi-Clor Spa pH & Alkalinity Reducer should be used to correct high levels of pH (above 7.6) or alkalinity (above 160mg/l). High pH and/or alkalinity can lead to problems with cloudy water and scaling of surfaces and pipework. High pH will also make chlorine sanitisers less effective. High Alkalinity can make it difficult to adjust the pH.
DO NOT MIX WITH OTHER PRODUCTS. DO NOT DISSOLVE BEFORE USE.
1. Take a pH reading using test strips or test tablets. If the reading is above 7.6 you will need to lower the pH.
2. The dose rate is 10g Fi-Clor Spa pH & Alkalinity Reducer per 1,000 litres (220 galls) of spa water. Each dose decreases the pH by approx 0.2.
3. With The circulation system running, dose directly in several areas around the spa, avoiding the skimmer. Only dose when bathing has ceased.
4. Continue filtration and re-test after 15 minutes.
5. Repeat the treatment until pH falls within the range 7.2 -7.6.
6. To reduce the alkalinity, temporarilly stop the circulation, double the dose rate and add to spa water in one area. Immediately restart the circulation. Repeat the procedure as required.