Chlorine Granules are ideal for daily dosing of your swimming pool or spa, to produce free active chlorine which kills bacteria and other potentially harmful organisms. They are rapid dissolving and have minimal impact on pH and are stabilised to prevent chlorine loss from sunlight.
1. Maintain pH level within the ideal range of 7.2 - 7.6 if this level is not in this range, adjust.
2. Maintain free chlorine residuals within the range Pools: 1-3mg/(ppm) Spas: 3 - 5mg/(ppm). *Freshly filled spas require initial shock or start up dose of 50mg/(ppm) for 1 hour or 20mg/l (ppm) for 2 hours.
3. This product may be applied directly to pools and spas where temperatures exceed 20ºC. If below this temperature or in doubt pre-dissolve in a clean plastic container at a maximum rate of 100g of product per 2.2 gallons (10l) of water. Stir well to ensure product is fully dissolved. Add the resulting solution to the pool or spa whilst the pump(s) are turned 'on' preferably near the water inlets to aid distribution.
4. Repeat dose application if necessary to achieve levels.
5. It is recommended that you periodically (e.g. weekly/fortnightly) shock or oxidize your water, using shock or oxidizer products to eliminate any excess contamination.
General Dosing Precautions
• Wear eye and face protection and ensure granules are not blown back into your face.
• Never mix with any other chemicals including cleaning products and chlorine products and chlorine products as a dangerous reaction may occur.
• When pre-dissolving product always add to water not vice versa.
• Handle products in a well-ventilated area, preferably outdoors.
• Wash hands after use.
• Ensure chemicals do not become damp in storage - store in cool dry place.